The Mission of the Living American Master Photographers Project is to secure and distribute a living document of contemporary master photography in the United States and abroad.
Our goals are
- Create a continued document of living master photographers through portrait, interview, video, and text.
- Educate at home and abroad using the stories as told and witnessed by LAMPP participants.
- Explore our unique culture through participant's diverse experiences, so that we may better understand ourselves.
- Foster cultural awareness through interaction and participation with living master photographers.
- Distribute content to these ends via varied media venues.
- Build community focused on the living photographic arts.
- Pass on the LAMPP to subsequent generations so that the project can continue its living mission.
Those who seek to understand the evolution of perspective will have a living visual and literary reference communicated by the photographic community.